Top 5 Tips To Improve Your Playing!March 23, 2023
Learning the violin is definitely not easy, it is not one of those instruments that you can pick straight up and make a beautiful sound from straight away, quite the opposite in fact! There are loads of ways you can improve your playing and the Internet is full of advice and violin tehniques. If you have reached a plateau in your playing and need some advice to help you play the violin better, read the following tips.
* If you don’t already have one, get an instructor. There really is no better way to learn than from somebody who really knows, you can see how its done properly and they can show help you improve your eastman violin technique and make you play the violin better. A teacher can correct your posture and other things which are difficult to notice yourself. It is important however, to find a violin instructor that you like and can get along with. There is nothing worse than dreading your violin lesson because you don’t like your teacher. This will most certainly not improve your violin playing.
* There is no denying it, there is no easy way to play the violin better. As with most things, it takes time and dedication. The more effort and time you put into your violin playing the better you will become. When playing the violin, practice is especially important for remembering the finger markings. If you don’t have finger tapes or a violin instructor you show you where you are going wrong you will need to practice this every day to make sure you don’t forget the positions.
* Perhaps the most important thing is to have fun! You shouldn’t see playing the violin as a chore, it is supposed to be enjoyable. If you have fun whilst playing the violin, your passion and enjoyment will reflect in your playing, which will make you play the violin better.
* If you don’t already know how to read music, then it is a good idea to start to. Understanding the theory behind the music will surely help your violin playing advance. There are a lot of great violin books out there which can show you how to learn the violin, you can find these at your nearest music store or online. The Suzuki method is one popular way to learn to play violin and learn to read sheet music. It is not difficult to read music and it will surely improve your violin playing.
* Playing along with somebody on the piano is a great way to improve your violin playing. You can move your fingers to match the notes being played on the piano. This gives you an opportunity to hear the notes played correctly, recognise them and then practice creating them. This is without doubt an excellent way to learn how to play the violin better today.